March 6, 2010

Tuesday, April 11, 2006


Mom's MRI is stable compared to the one from 2 months ago. However, they compared it to one from 9 months ago, and said it is approximately 25 percent larger. They said it could be "residual post treatment effect" which are dead cells/tissue, not active tumor growth. The Dr. said that is what he feels it is right now.

They said she could have a needle biopsy done, but when I spoke to the Dr. he did not recommend it now. He said to call if she shows worsening symptoms before her next MRI in 2 months. She has been very dizzy lately, so she has to be very careful getting up. Also, which I thought was interesting - he said that she is among less than 2 percent of people who don't have a recurrence within 6 months of stopping chemo.

This month it has been 2 years since she was diagnosed. What an interesting 2 years it has been. I am so thankful she is doing well today. She has an amazing attitude and is living for today.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment