Wednesday, May 9, 2007
I am so tired of hearing about Mother's Day!!! I never realized how much they cram it down your throat on all the commercials, magazines, etc. Can I just hide until then and skip that day? and for that matter, every holiday and birthday??
A poem I liked and feel like:
They say there is a reason,
they say that time will heal,
but neither time or reason
will change the way we feel,
for no one knows the heartache,
that lies beyond our smiles,
no one knows how many times,
we have broken down and cried.
we want to tell you something
so there won't be any doubt
you're so wonderful to think of
but so hard to be without.
we cannot bring the old days back
when we were all together
the family chain is broken now
but memories live forever
Oh Amy, I ditto this! Holidays just aren't the same anymore. And, while we're on the topic, can we just slap all the people I hear who say, "I hate my mom!" Or "My mom is so stupid!" because honestly, it makes me want to cry.
ReplyDeleteYes, please! That really bothers me too. If they only realized what they were really saying.
ReplyDelete