March 6, 2010

At home

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 myspace blog

Since my last blog we have been able to do for mom what she wanted...bring her home.  She is happier here, and I am happy we are able to give her what she wanted so much.  Her sisters have been able to come in and help me take care of her for the last two 1/2 weeks.  My brother flew in last night too, and I am happy he is able to see her and that she knows he is here.  We had hospice come in and bring a hospital bed for her in the living room, and the nurse comes a couple times a week, then the aid comes the other 3 days to bathe her. It has worked out much better than being at the nursing facility.  Their objective is to keep her comfortable and I believe we are doing that.  She has slowed down a lot in the last 4 days or so.. she is sleeping almost all of the time now and not eating very much anymore either.  It’s very sad to see... yesterday she was trying to eat a plate, and wouldn’t let me take it away. Her breathing seems to be different too...for a few seconds it will seem like she is not breathing, and then she will take a big deep breath in.  Her sister P is with me now, and my brother came in last night as well.

We are just taking it day by day now and hoping things are peaceful and painless. She has been such a fighter and so courageous.  I am amazed.

blog comments:

I'm so sorry Amy!!  I'm glad your Mom is at home like she wanted and fairly comfortable.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.....
Posted by Alicia W. on Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'm glad she's home. I bet you she appreciates and loves you more than you can ever imagine.  
Posted by Allie on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oh Amy- I wish I had the words to express to you what an amazing and courageous person I think you are!  You have done everything to make her comfortable and you will always have this time you have spent with her in your heart.
~HUGS~ 
Posted by Dana on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I am glad that she is home now and that your family can be with you and her.  I hope that you are getting a bit of rest and taking care of Amy too (you look really thin in your new pic, pretty, but thin  :) )  My thoughts and prayers are always with you!  Please know that you are a wonderful daughter and I know that your mother appreciates everything that you have done for her.  You are a strong person.  God is with you during these trying times.  Lots of love and prayers to you and your family!  God Bless!  
Posted by Kristi on Thursday, March 29, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment